Precision Mining was formed in July 2007 offering a diverse range of services including mine planning, resource estimation, mine feasibility, equipment selection, cost estimation and due diligence consulting services to a varying range of clients. Precision Mining focuses on two key outcomes for the business. These key outcomes are:
- Provide high quality consultants servicing the needs of our clients.
- Development of Mine Planning software which focuses on mine optimisation, mine scheduling and cost management.
Precision Mining are actively developing software aimed at delivering products in areas which are not being serviced. Precision Mining have developed a number of products which assist our internal consultants in speeding up the Mine planning processes. This assists in providing cost efficient, quality results to our clients.
Precision Mining can offer Open Pit Mining Services including but not limited to:
- Resource model interfacing with mine scheduling packages
- Pit optimisation and sensitivity analysis
- Detailed truck and loader studies
- Detailed pit design
- Development and production planning
- Equipment selection and scheduling
- Detailed load and haulage analysis
- Capital cost estimation
- Operating cost estimation including productivity estimation
- Mine Software development
- Dragline and truck and shovel design
- Benchmark studies
Precision Mining can offer Underground Mining Services including but not limited to:
- Evaluation of open pit/underground interface
- Conceptual design and scoping studies
- Mining method assessment
- Detailed mine layout and design
- Operating and capital cost estimation
- Owner versus Contractor cost analysis
Precision Mining can offer short term labour hire. Precision Mining is using the knowledge and resources we have in house to develop competent young engineers capable of filling short term positions on site. Short term would include periods up to 3 months in duration.
Precision Mining are committed to providing the off site support to our Junior consultants to ensure that this is a value add proposition. We believe that given the constraints of the labour market now and in the future that this will become a key area for mine sites to consider.
Precision Mining can provide complete survey and cartography requirements to assist in lodging successful mineral resource applications across Australia. Precision Mining can supply survey labour for onsite and offsite work as required. Other skill sets provided in this area of work include the management of GIS data and exploration databases including:
- Tenement monitoring.
- Tenement acquisition.
Preparation and publishing of documentation for exploration permit applications, annual reports, prospectuses and promotional material is also an integral part in adding value for clients. Other skill sets supplied in this part of the business include:
- GIS data acquisition, manipulation and maintenance
- Competent users of Mapinfo, Arcview / Arcinfo and Autocad
- Acquiring accurate horizontal and vertical control through normal surveying strategies
- Mine design layouts for open-cut and underground
- Mine stage plans and rehabilitation plans
- Final landform plans and water management concepts
- 3D conceptual layouts for equipment operation
Information technology and transfer of information is vital to any successful project. Precision Mining excels in this area. Technical competency in this area is vital to ensure that key aspects in relation to information are managed. These include:
- Security and confidentiality of data
- Backup and storage procedures to manage data onsite and offsite
- Database management and expertise
- Development of reporting systems which can link production databases encompassing easy to use report interfaces
Precision Mining focuses on building relationships with its clients. We believe that the client’s requirements are the most important aspect of any quality relationship. Precision Mining strives to ensure that the key goals which are set by the client are delivered in a professional and timely manner.
Precision Mining use in house resources to ensure that there is a clear cost benefit to the client by using our services. Our strategy is to continually develop and improve processes using the skilled resources available to us. Through continual development of software, skill and experience, Precision Mining offers a service which we believe is excellent value to our clients.